We are looking for an Inspection Corrosion Metallurgy Leader for a project in UAE. The candidate must have direct experience in manage and review of corrosion and metallurgical inspection activities.
- Participate in Risk Based Inspection process by identifying corrosion loops and degradation mechanisms and provide the Material & Corrosion input to the RBI analyst as required.
- Review documents of new projects /modifications related to material selection, corrosion control & plant inspection monitoring and etc.
- Material selection is accurately selected and recommended for usage as per projects requirements and applicable code & standard. Ensure proper study is done for material selection/corrosion control and mitigation and suitable recommendation is provided.
- Demonstrate accurate & appropriate corrosion system are in place (corrosion loops & piping circuits) and complied with.
- Review & evaluate CP results to identify concerns and generate reports with recommendations.
- Develops corrosion and cathodic protection (CP) policies for the control and monitoring of assets such as pressure vessels, process piping, CP systems of underground cooling water pipes, concrete structures, submerged structures and corrosion inhibitors selection and determination of suitable injection points and injection rates.
- Analysis of CP data to ensure optimum protection is achieved on all assets which will include for example: product loading jetty, sulphur loading jetty, tank farm, sea water intake in train
- Ensure the Root Causes are identified, recorded and proper preventive measures are recommended.
- Corrosion data are maintained and updated in the system.
- Scope of works on equipment modifications & repairs are accurately defined
- Expedites effective mentoring and training of staff where required.
- Provides monthly reliability technical reports on corrosion inspection as required by the Department.
- Review corrosion observation daily reports for the equipment and piping inspected.
- Monitoring and issuing alarms and reports for preventive actions to avoid unexpected failures..
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum Qualifications for this position is a University degree in Mechanical/Metallurgy/Chemical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in a similar role along with a minimum total experience of 12 years in Inspection Services (Oil & Gas / Petrochemical or Refinery Plant experience preferred).
- Certified in National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) is an advantage
- Knowledge in software applications like Meridium, PI, and RBI etc.
- Knowledge of :
- Corrosion Monitoring Techniques & Corrosion Inhibitors And Corrosion Control Measures
- Coating And Cathodic Protection
- NACE, ASME and other industry codes
- RBI, RCA and Defect Elimination.
- Risk Assessments, HAZOPS & Safety
- Good knowledge in QA/QC, ISO 9001, ISO 1400 and HSE plans
- Knowledge & experience in NDT & specialized equipment inspection techniques.