Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all Piping construction contractors’ supervision and manpower are instructed in and comply with all aspects of Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) policy, site regulations, permit to work procedures and instructions and Client requirements
- Ensure that Piping construction contractors working within the discipline adhere strictly to the latest Approved for Construction (AFC) project drawings, Specifications, ITP’s, Procedures and Site Instructions
- Responsible for the HSES, and quality aspects of the work within assigned areas and for ensuring construction contractors complete their work in accordance with the project schedule
- Review and monitor the availability of drawings, specifications, job instructions, material deliveries and tools applicable to the particular discipline and area of work
- In conjunction with the contractors’ supervision, planning engineers, and the Construction Engineer, develop detailed daily and weekly work plans in accordance with the overall planning schedule
- Inform the Discipline Superintendent on specific areas where the programme needs to be adjusted in accordance with site conditions and material deliveries
- Responsible for monitoring the discipline and timekeeping of contractors’ staff and labour in a defined work area, identifying any disciplinary action required, and informing the relevant Discipline Superintendent
- Liaise with Operation Representatives of the Plant for Coordination and Safe execution of the Works.
- Ensure full compliance by Contractors with the requirements of the Work Permits and all applicable HSE procedures.
- Verify that last issue of Project Drawings are utilised by Contractors during the execution of the work.
- Verify that the specified materials are utilised in the execution of the works.
- Verify Full compliance with Project Drawings and Specifications.
- Assure the implementation of the QC Inspection and Test Plans, and Participate at Field Tests and Checks as required by countersigning the relevant Inspection and Test Records.
- Verify and drive the completion of the works through the preparation of Punch Lists and their clearance.
- Assure that Contractors have the necessary equipment, tools and manpower to execute the works according to Construction schedule.
- Monitor and Control Contractor Resources allocated to the execution of Additional Works.
- Assure that any other Service Subcontractors (scaffolding, cranes, safety guards etc.) which are required for the execution of the works are mobilized in due time.
- Check in advance, in cooperation with Material Controller, if the material to be used for the erection of planned works is available and report to Construction Manager any deficiency and the information on the approximate arriving date of material
- Check equipment condition on arrival at site
- Check that all equipment are protected and supervise the routine maintenance in accordance with the Client procedure and Vendor's instruction, during erection period. Record of maintenance shall be prepared and filed to assure that the equipment is properly protected and maintained
- Check the disassembly of equipment accessories before installation
- Supervise the assembly of equipment
- Keep record of modifications and send to Material Controller information necessary to issue a back charges to equipment Vendor's if necessary
- Prepare and fill the testing and obtain approval of installation from Client Construction Manager
- At least 5 years experience in the same role
- Activities experience within Pharma/Chemical sector
- EPC contractor experience
- Italian language is mandatory
Duration: 12 months
Availability: May 2018
Location: Friuli Venezia Giulia