Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate the quality control activities on construction and erection works carried out by Subcontractors for the disciplines assigned.
- Assure the implementation of Site Quality Control activities in accordance with approved project Site Quality Control Plans, Quality Control procedures, method statements, technical codes and other contract quality control specifications relevant to his discipline.
- Ensure monitoring and follow up of the entire cycle of the discipline inspections under his responsibilities, from the Inspection Notification (IN) up to the issue of the Inspection Reports (IR). In particular:
- Review and approval of IN issued by subcontractor
- Make sure that the latest revision of all contract documents, drawings, specifications, procedures, method statements required for quality control and inspection are available on site
- Witness for Contractor side the tests / inspections carried out by subcontractor as defined in the site quality control plans
- Evaluate the results of the tests / inspections and record any possible deficiency
- Control the correct fill-in of the IR
- Review and approve the IR’s signing them for Contractor side
- Follow up the open IN and check the regular IR reports and their collecting/filing
- Conduct daily site survey to spot check / monitor site subcontractor quality of works / installations and provide sufficient feedback to SQM on quality issues that cannot be settled directly.
- Assure proper monitoring and follow up of the non-conformity process for his discipline. In particular:
- In case of any deviation from contractual quality control requirements, promptly notify the deficiency to the SQM for the evaluation of possible issue of site non-conformity
- Actively contribute to the identification of the non-conformity root cause and definition of NC treatment / resolution / corrective action
- Monitoring and follow up of the implementation of the resolution / corrective action of the non-conformity
- Check and monitor the close out of non-conformity
- Execution of incoming material and consumables inspection in accordance with defined site quality management system in place for the project.
- Assure proper control and calibration updating of inspection measuring and test equipment.
- Participate to construction punch list management and relevant site walkthrough, monitoring the punch points status and closure.
- Assure proper inspections status control and traceability of plant parts/items IR’s through Company electronic tools/database, authorizing their quality control completion and acceptance.
- Participate to final handover dossier preparation and check within his area of responsibility.
- University Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technical Diploma in the relevant discipline
- 3/5 years of experience in Site Quality Control field inspection in Oil & Gas sector preferable with EPC experience
- Familiar with ISO 9000 and related regulation;
- Very good knowledge of discipline Site Construction Inspection and Test Plans;
- Very good Knowledge of main technical regulations that apply on the EPC projects relevant to the discipline (ASME, API, ASTM, ANSI, AWS, NACE, BGAS, ASNT, International Building Code - IBC, Material Codes, AASHTO, ACI, National Electric Code/NFPA 70, IEC or equivalent Standards, ISA, IEEE, NEMA, etc.);
- Deep Knowledge of main processes and technology related to EPC projects (depending on discipline: Welding Technologies, Non Destructive Testing Methodologies; special processes management and qualification relevant to the specific discipline)
- Fluent knowledge of English language